Launched in 2018, the EPS will now consider excellent student posters presented at a scientific meeting for a commendation.
To enter a poster for consideration:
- applicants must be currently registered for postgraduate study
- submit a poster to be presented at an EPS meeting
- indicate that you wish to be considered for a commendation
- send the EPS administrator an electronic copy of your poster at least two weeks before the meeting
- Judges may examine the electronic versions of the posters before the meeting and potentially shortlist posters for consideration.
- During the poster session the judges may discuss the poster with the student.
- The commendation (or commendations) will be announced at the meeting (where feasible) and in the EPS Member Newsletter.
- A certificate will be mailed to the winning student along with the prize of a £50 cheque.
- Winners will be encouraged to apply for a Grindley grant to present their research at a future EPS meeting. They should mention their award of the poster prize in that application.
List of previous winners can be found here.
Enquiries about this scheme should be made to the EPS Administrator at email@example.com.