Applications for new members should be made using the Membership application form Membership application form. Application forms should be sent to the EPS Administrator (email@example.com) by the annual deadline of 1st September.
In order to become a member of the EPS, you must:
- be a researcher in experimental psychology (broadly interpreted)
- hold a PhD
- have presented an oral presentation to a meeting of the Society
- have published independent work (sole/senior authorship) in peer reviewed, reputable, psychological or cognate journals
- be able to attend meetings reasonably often (those who are resident outside Europe will be asked for assurance that they can attend meetings reasonably often)
- be nominated by two EPS members.
Once the applications are received, the EPS committee scrutinise applications and recommend eligible applicants for full membership. Brief details of recommended candidates will be circulated to members of the society who may request further information. The list of eligible applicants will be put to the Annual General Meeting in January for approval.
Any candidate not selected as eligible by the Committee will be informed, advised whether he/she may be proposed for membership in a future year and, if so, subject to what conditions.