Associate Editor positions at QJEP are traditionally filled by invitation. To widen the pool of candidates and ensure that disadvantaged groups are not overlooked, we are opening a general call for applicants for the first time.
We are seeking potential Associate Editors to join the Editorial Board of the Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology, to complement our existing team.
About the Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology (QJEP).
• QJEP is the journal of the Experimental Psychology Society with a long history of publishing landmark papers in psychology.
• The scope of the journal covers all aspects of experimental psychology, including attention, perception, learning, memory, language, reasoning, child development, social cognition, embodiment and other emerging topics.
• From mid-2020, Professor Antonia Hamilton will take on the role of Editor in Chief of QJEP, with a team of 16 Associate Editors.
The role involves:
• Action editing of papers, including screening manuscripts for appropriateness, finding reviewers, reading reviews and making editorial decisions.
• Contributing to the development of the journal, including proposing & organising special issues.
• A modest annual honorarium will be paid.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
• A good publication record in experimental psychology.
• A strong track record of reviewing and editorial work, including for QJEP.
• Expertise in a range of topics relevant to the journal.
We are committed to equality and diversity and are open to contributions from all sections of the experimental psychology community in the UK and beyond. Applications from candidates with minority backgrounds are especially welcome.
Informal enquiries to email@example.com are welcome.
To formally apply, please prepare a 2 page CV and a short cover letter explaining why you are interested in the role, and email this to firstname.lastname@example.org
A review of applications will begin on 21st July 2020 but there is no formal closing date.